God of chances

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
Should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

- From the Inside Out

I failed the 3rd Bio 12 lab exam. Yes, it was bad enough news. What was worse is that two points were all I needed to keep myself exempted from taking the dreaded final exam (you have to have a passing standing grade plus no failed exams). I was just so depressed that day, although I knew I didn't exactly do my best in studying for that exam. I don't know what's worse: failing or having to take the finals. (For those who do not know, one exam in bio12 requires you to memorize a thousand facts, and probably ten thousand facts for the finals)

However I noticed red asterisks beside two items in my paper. I asked Sir Dino about it, and he said those were answers he thought of considering, but changed his mind. Taking a chance, I asked him if he could please consider those two items, for that was all I needed to pass. He asked me if I failed any of the prior exams; I said no. And miracle of all miracles, he agreed to consider the items with asterisks, not only for me but for everyone else in the class!!! I was just so glad and relieved that I cried right then and there.

I thought about this experience, and I saw God working through it all. God is a God of chances. When you fail, you can always be sure that He is there to give you another shot. And He is not just a God of second chances, He is a God of infinite mercy.Even if you fail a thousand times, you will always be caught in His grace, no matter how hard you fall.

It really is amazing. Even if you feel like you don't deserve it, He still gives you His blessing if you are humble enough to admit your fault and ask Him for that grace. And what's even more amazing is that the blessings benefit not only you but the people around you as well!

The thing about failure is that God can use it to develop our relationship with Him and help us grow in our faith. His power at work within us can do far more than we dare ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:21). Our task is to surrender to Him, to try again but this time in God's strength, and to trust Him absolutely that He knows what He is doing in our lives. After all, He is a God of chances, not of a God of chance.

Comments

  1. owe-->owes

    haha! napa-GC mode ako dahil sa pagpapaproofread mo ng blog mo gama!


    krizelle, ang amazing ng blog mo.. hnd lang ung nangyari pero ung blog mismo.. nadown nga lang ako kc napakanegative ng tingin ko sa mga failures ko.. huhu.. la lang.. wag mo na lang ako pansinin.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. salamat..haha.hm think positive!:D kasi part naman talaga ng buhay ang failures..at dun tayo natututo at nag-ggrow.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts