Acknowledgements

Written in my undergraduate thesis entitled, "Short Hairpin RNA (shRNA) for Functional Knockdown of the Tumor Suppressor Gene Neurofibromin 2 (NF2)"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A year ago, when I was applying to be a thesis student of the Disease Molecular Biology and Epigenetics Laboratory (DMBEL), I mentioned in my elevator pitch that what inspired me to choose to work in this lab is my particular interest in its projects because of my family’s medical background in genetic diseases. Little did I know then that this would land me a thesis topic with a certain level of personal connection, and that in itself has served as enough inspiration for me to work conscientiously on this project up until the end.

However, this thesis would not have been possible without the help, encouragement, and motivation from the people around me who have made this year-long journey worthwhile despite the ups and downs of working in the lab.


To M16, thank you for being the best blockmates ever. I feel so blessed to belong in this block which has become the most amazing support system there is in this entire MBB and thesis experience. So much love for you guys!

To Max, my chocolate cupcakes will never be enough to express how grateful I am to you for allowing me to take part in this whole DMBEL experience.

To the MML kids: Joey, Mark, Popo, Jaja, Drea, Mittsu, and Jarelle. Thank you for all of our memorable bonding moments in our shared laboratory space. I will miss our laughtrip and sabaw hang out sessions in the MML/DMBEL lab while we wait for positive results in our experiments.

To Ate Kaye, for welcoming us DMBELelongs as your “ampons”. Thank you for lending us things when we run out of supplies and for your patience especially when your seven MML kids and us four from DMBEL get too wild in the lab.

To my DMBEL family, there are no words that could say how thankful I am for the friendships that we have formed and fun that we have had in working with each other in the lab, and in bonding moments during our frequent lab dinners and meals out. I will really miss each and every one of you terribly.

To Larie, thank you for our kwentuhan sessions in the lab that has helped me become less shy and more outspoken, and for being a fun labmate and a good friend.

To Kent, my experiment buddy, thank you for always being such good company, for helping me be patient, and for keeping our hopes up in our lab work.

To Alvin, thank you for giving life to the lab with your incredible voice, astounding stories, and vibrant personality. DMBEL would not be as fun without you.

To the best RA ever, SupRA Jose Paulo Estimo Lorenzo, your crazy dance will surely be missed. Thank you for always being patient with us even when things get bizarre in the lab, and for being there to guide us and support us in all that we do.

To our incredibly amazing thesis and lab adviser, Dr. Reynaldo L. Garcia, thank you for letting me be part of this first batch of DMBEL students ever, and for being ever-present and hands on in our work regardless of your hectic schedule.

<3

To my family and friends, to my best friend Gail, and most especially to my parents, I want to thank you all with love from the bottom of my heart for always being there for me through thick and thin.

And to the One who has blessed this journey right from the beginning, I am eternally grateful. I give it all back to you, Lord, and I do it all for Your glory.




KMMA




Comments

Popular Posts